Scrubs improve circulation, soften the skin and give a feeling of well-being. If you have eczema or sensitive skin, exfoliants can make your condition worse. The best in these cases is a moisturizing and anti-inflammatory cream such as chamomile and evening primrose.
Homemade body scrubs
Aloe vera and elderflower
The extract of the aloe vera plant is very soothing and refreshing, in addition to rich in vitamins, amino acids, enzymes, and proteins. This exfoliant combines freshness and mucilaginous thickness. Aloe vera with the elderflower has anti-inflammatory properties, and ground rice in this exfoliating paste refreshes and softens the skin.
Body scrub of aloe vera and elderflower
A natural exfoliant of aloe vera and elder flowers to refresh and soften your skin.T
The extract of the aloe vera plant is very calming and refreshing, as well as rich in vitamins, amino acids, enzymes and proteins. This scrub combines the freshness and mucilaginous thickness of aloe vera with that of the elder flowers , with anti-inflammatory properties, and the milled rice in this exfoliating paste that refreshes and softens the skin.
- 20 g of dried elder flowers.
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera juice.
- 25 g of ground rice.
- 3 drops of benzoin tincture.
- 4 teaspoons of organic natural yogurt.
- 4 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Cover the elderflowers with the juice of aloe vera and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Add the ground rice and mix well.
- Add benzoin, yogurt, and lavender essential oil.
- Apply this natural exfoliant on the skin of the body with firm circular movements. To help exfoliate and improve circulation moisten the skin and use a horsehair glove.
Honey and avocado
The milled rice performs the exfoliating action, the clay is included for
what absorb impurities from the skin, and honey to hydrate and
smooth The essential oils of geranium and orange have an effect
invigorating and also give off a fruity and luminous fragrance.
Honey and avocado body scrub
Next, we explain how to make a body scrub of honey and avocado, a very nutritious natural exfoliant ideal to soften the dry and rough areas of the skin.
This cream is made quickly, perfect for when you do not have much time. The honey is beneficent skin with cleansing and soothing properties, combined with the softening action of avocado, nutritional olive oil and the abrasive pumice work wonders on dry and rough skin.
Ingredients for the honey and avocado body scrub
- 25 g of pumice stone.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 2 drops of melissa essential oil (optional).
Elaboration of the honey and avocado body scrub
- First, grind the pumice stone in the mortar to make a fine powder and reserve.
- Then, paste an avocado in a bowl with a fork. Heat the honey over low heat, then add it to the bowl along with the olive oil and melissa essential oil if desired.
- Mix carefully and add the pumice powder to amalgamate the cream.
- This exfoliant is for immediate use.
Oatmeal and Lavander
The oatmeal has been used since ancient times for its soothing properties for the skin. Because it is rich in natural polysaccharides that become glutinous on contact with water to create a nourishing cleansing cream for
delicate skins. Almond oil calms and enriches the skin and
helps prevent dehydration, while lavender is soothing and it brings a delicate fragrance.
Oatmeal and lavender cleansing cream
Oatmeal and lavender cleansing cream. A soothing natural cleanser for delicate, sensitive or dry skin.
Ingredients of soothing lavender and oatmeal cleansing cream
- 25 g of organic oats and a little mineral water
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 and a half tablespoons of almond oil
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
Elaboration of lavender and oat soothing cleansing cream
- Put the oatmeal in a bowl, covered completely with mineral water and leave it to soak for at least 1 hour.
- Beat the egg in the blender adding the almond oil drop by drop. The mixture should look like a thick emulsion when you have added the oil. Add the lavender oil, also drop by drop.
- Strain the oatmeal draining the liquid (oat milk) into a bowl. Reserve the oatmeal milk but not the cereal. Slowly pour the oatmeal milk into the egg mixture, stirring slowly and steadily until it acquires the fine consistency of a lotion.
- Keep it in a sterile glass bottle with an airtight seal. Refrigerate in the fridge and use within 3 days.
Honey and orange scrub
The ground rice performs the exfoliating action, clay is included to absorb impurities from the skin, and honey to hydrate and soften. The essential oils of geranium and orange have a toning effect and also give off a fruity and luminous fragrance.
Honey and orange body scrub
Exfoliating honey and orange are suitable for all skin types that clean impurities and enriches the skin.
The milled rice performs the exfoliating action, the clay is included to absorb the impurities of the skin, and the honey to hydrate and soften. The essential oils of geranium and orange have a toning effect and also give off a fruity and luminous fragrance.
Honey and orange exfoliating ingredients
- 1 tablespoon of kaolin powder.
- 2 tablespoons ground rice.
- 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water.
- 1 spoonful of clear honey.
- 5 drops of calendula tincture.
- 2 drops of orange essential oil.
- 1 drop of geranium essential oil
Preparation of honey and orange scrub
- Grind the kaolin powder and the ground rice together in a mortar and pestle until a fine powder is obtained.
- Add the orange blossom flowers water and slightly warm honey (dissolves better) to the powder mixture and together with the tincture and essential oils.
- Decántalo in a sterilized glass jar with an airtight seal.
- When you are going to use it, mix the cream well with a little hot water and make a paste to apply on dry skin with circular movements. Then, wash with warm water.
- You can use the cream during the next two months.
Use the chamomile hand exfoliating cream as an alternative to soap. Its light exfoliating action is due to the oatmeal that enriches, softening at the same time, and the glycerin, which reduces the dehydration of the skin, taking care of them and keeping them clean. The water of chamomile flowers, of natural nourishing effect, is added for greater relief from tired skin.
Chamomile hand cream
This time we are going to make an exfoliating cream of chamomile for hands that, in addition to cleaning in depth, is a great relief for tired hands
Ingredients for chamomile exfoliating cream
- 2 tablespoons of natural glycerin
- 15g of corn flour
- 1 teaspoon water of chamomile flowers
- 2 teaspoons ground rice
- 2 teaspoons finely ground oats
Method of making chamomile exfoliating cream
- Heat the vegetable glycerin in a bowl in a bain-marie.
- Go slowly adding the corn flour, without stopping to stir to make a paste.
- Set aside the saucepan and the bowl of the fire and gradually add the chamomile water, stirring constantly. Mix with ground rice and oats.
- Keep it in a sterile glass jar with a tight seal and use it as soap. You can use it during the following 2 months.
Mandarin and myrrh scrub
In this cream, the pumice stone dust removes Calluses of the feet and improves circulation, while the softening marshmallow mixture, the cocoa butter that hydrates, and the nutritious essential oils of tangerine and myrrh clean and nourish the skin.
Exfoliating tangerine and myrrh for feet
Homemade peeling to cleanse of impurities and nourish the skin of the feet with essential oils of tangerine and apricot.
The exfoliants for the feet drag the dead skins, clean and nourish providing a sensation of freshness and softness. In this cream, the pumice powder removes calluses and improves circulation, while the softening marshmallow mixture, the moisturizing cocoa butter, and the nutritious essential oils of tangerine and myrrh cleanse and nourish the skin.
Exfoliating ingredients of tangerine and myrrh
- 15 g of crushed pumice
- 10 g of cocoa butter
- 10 g of beeswax
- 3 tablespoons of apricot kernel oil
- 10 g of emulsifying wax
- 2 tablespoons of marshmallow infusion
- 12 drops of myrrh essential oil
- 8 drops of mandarin essential oil
Elaboration of mandarin and myrrh scrubs
- Grind the pumice stone in a mortar to obtain a fine powder.
- Heat the cocoa butter, beeswax, and apricot kernel oil together in a bowl in a bain-marie until all the ingredients are melted. Remove the saucepan from the fire.
- Dissolves the emulsifying wax in the infusion of freshly made and still hot marshmallow. Slowly pour the infusion into the oil mixture, and stir without stopping until it cools.
- Add the pumice powder and essential oils and mix well.
- Store in a sterile glass jar with an airtight seal in the refrigerator and use it within 3 ms.
Did you like these ideas?
Then stay tuned for more posts like this. You can subscribe to get every idea to your mail. And don’t forget to pin us on Pinterestand follow on Facebook. If you want us to write about a topic, we always welcome comments and ideas, feel free to write them below.